10:35 am: Pretest
10:40 am: Live webinar begins
12:15 am: Q&A session- submit questions via chat
- Behavior Analysts: 2 Type II Ethics Credit Hours
- Certified Counselors: 2 Credit Hours
- Social Workers: 2 Clinical/Ethics Continuing Education Clock Hours
- Psychologists and nurses: not eligible for continuing education
- Teachers: Attend this event to accumulate professional development hours. You must get approval for hours from you supervisor or school principal.
This session is designed for professionals working with teen and adult special needs populations. Presented by guest speaker Sorah Stein, MA, BCBA, CSE one of the very few dual certified BCBA and AASECT certified sexual educators (CSE) in the world. This event will cover:
- Sex as a complex behavior
- Ethics of addressing sexual behavior
- Laws of consent
- Functional assessment of typographically sexual behavior
After attending this event, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the ethical parameters of providing intervention or treatment for sexual behavior in individuals with intellectual disabilities including promiscuity, masturbation, and sexual behavior involving individuals of the same sex.
- List common topographies of sexual behavior in individuals with special needs that often result in referrals for assessment and treatment.
- Describe limitations of certain types of behavior assessment and describe appropriate assessment of sexual behavior.
- List age-appropriate interventions for behavior with sexual topography
Presenter Disclosure Statement: Sorah Stein receives speaker fees for presenting webinars for ABAC but does not receive royalties or commissions for any of the products or books recommended during the presentation.
Accommodations for Individuals with Disabilities
Our webinars are available to anyone who is able to access the internet. For those who are vision impaired attendance codes are read out loud and graphs and videos are described verbally. For those who require it, our webinar platform allows for closed-captioning. For more information, contact us at email@example.com.