Showing 16–26 of 26 results
Fall Session ABACGives: Training and treating wholeheartedly: Identifying a role for compassion practices in the profession of behavior analysis – 9/28/18
Severe Behavior Problems: Advanced instruction and Problem Solving- A three part series in October 2018
We strongly recommend you attend as many sessions as you can LIVE. Session is scheduled so participants from PST through EST zones can participate and still work until 3:00 pm on the days sessions are scheduled. Please plan accordingly.
AU and NZ participants you can also attend live however please make accommodations for the correct dates and times as the event will fall in morning for you.
EU and Middle East Audiences- we are in the process of scheduling sessions that will accommodate your work schedule. We will have more information soon.Course Overview Behavioral and mental health practitioners, special education teachers, SLPs and child study team members often work with individuals with severe behavior problems such as aggression, tantrums, self-injury, pica and rumination. Although graduate classes provide some basic training, application to practice is challenging, even for experienced practitioners. The purpose of this webinar series is to provide advanced instruction and problem solving in developing, writing and using Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs), Behavior Support Plans (BSPs) and solving common challenges in implementation. The materials will be delivered by both lecture-type presentations and interactive on-line exercises. We encourage individuals to attend all sessions live so they can contribute throughout the series during the live discussions by commenting, sharing, and/or asking questions and receive feedback on their own performance in on-line exercises. The presenter will provide instruction on how to frame questions asked during this event in a confidential way and all questions will be entered in an anonymous chat box to provide an additional layer of privacy. Course Learning Objectives: At the end of the series participants will:
- Describe the content of adequate FBAs;
- Apply standards to a variety of poor and excellent FBAs;
- Rewrite poor deficient elements of deficient FBA to make them adequate
- Describe the content of adequate BSPs;
- Apply standards to a variety of poor and excellent BSPs;
- Rewrite poor deficient elements of deficient BSPs to make them adequate
How could talk therapy be behavior analysis?! Recounting a journey and charting a course – 9/26/18
- Behavior Analysts: 3 Type II CEUs Live or recorded event
- Psychologists: 3 CEs LIVE or Recording
- Social Workers/ Certified Counselors: no CEs available
- Teachers: This event may qualify for professional development hours. Discuss with your supervisor before signing up.
Summer Session Special Issue Recording: Healthy, Fit and Happy! A Review of Recent Research on Eating and Exercise
NEW!! Motivating Operations: Practical Lessons from the Applied Research – 9/25/18
The ABACLive Cambridge Center Series Presents Professor A. Charles Catania: The Evolution of a Science and Its Applications: A Brief History of Behavior Analysis -9/27/2018
In the rare event you are unable to access the drop down feature to choose your event, please visit the using a different internet browser or your mobile. This has solved the problem for the three individuals who had this issue.
Current Topics by Peter Sturmey, Ph.d Partial Bundle- 12 CEUs
Current Topics by Peter Sturmey, Ph.d Bundle- 15 CEUs
- Restraint and restrictive behavior management practices: Recent advances in applied behavior analysis research.
- Aggressive Behavior: Recent advances in assessment and treatment
- Ethics and the practice of applied behavior analysis
- Self injurious behavior: Recent advances in research and practice
- Behavior Skills Training: A research update
- Organizational Behavior Management
- Evidence-based practices in autism